Monday, July 26, 2010

Birthday Brunch

This weekend was my good friend Melinda's birthday. I hosted a Birthday Brunch for her (Also, Party #2 in my challenge!). I wanted to do something funky and different for this brunch, so I started with butcher block paper, and look where it lead....

The graphics were hand painted by me onto butcher block paper.

I also made the "faux porcelain" bottles, as well as the hanging chandelier. But I'll get to that in a moment. Check out all the details!

We had a mimosa bar with traditional orange juice and my personal favorite, passion fruit juice. My absolute favorite touch though was the origami butterflies floating from the glasses. I also made mini pancakes (Thanks for the inspiration Kim!), had syrup shooters, and made Maple Bacon Cupcakes! (Oh yes, recipes will follow this week!)

That's not all folks! I also made Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins (rhubarb straight from my garden of course!), an inexpensive yet charming chandelier, a mini cinnamon roll tower, and tomato basil quiche! Yum yum and more yum!



Here we all are enjoying our food. The birthday girl is the closed on the left. Isn't she just gorgeous?! Love you Melinda! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. omg! Looks awesome! (the little pancakes look soooo cute!) cinnamon roll tower... genius! Menu sound FANTASTIC! and hello, if mimosas are on the table, I'm coming!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this. I just want to be your friend and come EAT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails