Monday, October 25, 2010

Pop Tarts On A Stick


It seems that when it comes to food, if you can put it on a stick, it is that much cuter and even more delicious.
My party challenge for October featured foods for people and pups. One of my favorite "people foods" was the Pop Tarts On A Stick. It is easy peasy!
I started with some refrigerated pie crust. Roll it out and cut into rectangles. Mine were about 2 inches tall by 1.5 inches wide.
Push your lollipop sticks into the center of half of the squares. I like to use a scrap of pie dough to cover the stick, just to make sure its not going anywhere.
Now, you could get all fancy and fill them with pie filling, but lets face it, I'm lazy. I didn't have any pie filling. I used strawberry jam (homemade by my Mom!). I used about a half teaspoon per tart.
Cover with remaining squares. Shmoosh (yes, that's the official terminology) the edges together with a fork.
Bake at 450 until the edges start to turn golden brown. About 8-10 minutes.
Let cool.
For the glaze, mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1-2 tablespoons milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and food coloring of your choice.
Drizzle glaze over pops and sprinkle with sugar if you desire.
Let glaze set before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails