Monday, November 28, 2011

Blue Rose Cake

Recently I got to do a birthday cake for a friend's wife.  He really liked the Red Rose Cake I did for Valentine's Day, but his wife was more of a blue rose kind of girl. I was thrilled! Its my favorite cake to do, and also my favorite color, not to mention a color not often asked for when it comes to flowers.  We decided to also add a little "tattoo" detail to it. I hand painted the birthday banners in a classic tattoo style text and made black royal icing butterflies to accent the roses.  
Don't you love the vibrant color?! I'm still obsessed with this cake...what color to try next?!

3 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful! How do you get the buttercream so blue? Any advice to get royal blue buttercream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful! How do you get the buttercream so blue? Any advice to get royal blue buttercream?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails